You can also write your child’s name on the plate, use a different plate for each letter of your child’s name or write short phonetic words for your child to practise reading.
You will need:
- A paper plate
- Sand, rice, maize meal, couscous etc. to sprinkle on the letter.
- A bowl of food colouring diluted with water,
- Using a sponge , dip it into the bowl of diluted food colouring
- Sponge the whole plate. Leave to dry.
- Using a glue stick , write a letter on the centre of the plate.
- Sprinkle sand etc. over the letter. Leave to dry.
- Punch a hole at the top of the plate.
- Thread string through the punched hole. .
- Hang the plate in your child’s bedroom.
You can also colour wash several plates with different colours and write numbers for your children to learn.