We’ve written on this blog before about plastic bottle aeroplanes, but today we’re going to share how we made rockets from plastic bottles too.
- plastic bottle
- Print out the rocket fins. I fitted 12 of these on a A4 page. Then you cut out a harder piece of card for strength and put the fins on either side.
- Cut two slits on either side of the plastic bottle to slide the fins in. For variation you can make four fins instead of two.
- Use a circle for a point on top. Cut a slit in it and fold it into a cone and stick it on the lid of the bottle.
- Get the children to paint the fins separately and then the bottle. You can use silver paint for a rocket effect but yellow also works well.
- Decorate with glitter pens.