By Julia Gorham
As a proud Mother of two adult daughters, I am reflecting back on what I hopefully instilled in my daughters. As parents, we are here to guide and love our children through life.
“No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.”
Last year,my father celebrated his 82nd birthday and this year my Mother turned 80 years old. This is gift for me and MY family.
My mother and father have been wonderful, loving parents to me. They have worked hard to provide a stable foundation for my life and future. They have taught me invaluable lessons about work, marriage, parenting, relationships and life. To celebrate their full lives filled with wise advice, love and never ending support, I would take to this opportunity to praise and thank them for all that they deserve.
As a parent, I hope I have passed on my parents moral values to my daughters, which is one of the most important responsibility as a parent and I placed them top of my parenting list which include:
- Kindness: being considerate and treating others well
- Perseverance: persisting in a course of action, belief or purpose
- Politeness: using good manners, acting in socially acceptable ways
- Respect: showing consideration for the worth of someone or something
- Responsibility: being reliable in your obligations
- Self-control: staying in control of your words and behaviour