Onion skin and petal pattern Easter eggs
These eggs have a distinctly old world feel about them and add class to your Easter basket. Just remember that you start out with the uncooked eggs as the boiling is part of the art process.
You will need:
- White uncooked eggs
- Flower petals
- Small different leaf shapes
- Onion rings
- Rubber bands or string
- Pot with boiling water ( Adult supervision only)
- Dampen white uncooked white eggs and press some flowers or small nicely shaped leaves on the shells of the eggs.
- Wrap the eggs tightly in several layers of brown onion skins and fasten them with a rubber band or string to secure well.
- Boil the eggs for 10 to 15 minutes
- Remove the onion rings and string or rubber bands.
You will find shells pattered with the shapes of the leaves or flower petals with a mottled effect of the onion rings.
For another way to decorate eggs with wax crayons see this post, and for the Easter basket from milk or cooldrink containers see this post.
This entry was posted in Kids Crafts
and tagged Easter
. Bookmark the permalink