Creating food sculptures is an excellent idea to promote healthy eating habits for young children in a fun and creative way!
You will need:
- A wooden board
- Knife ( Adult use only)
- Slice an apple in half
- With the other half the apple, cut thin round slices
- Cut the 6 slices into 6 thin round strips
- With one slice cut out 3 small triangles in the middle, for the claws
- Place the one half of the apple on a plate
- Ask your child to assemble the slices of apple with five legs on either side and the two slices that are cut into claws on the top to create a cute apple crab.