This is a great experiment to do with your children and they will ask you do demonstrate this “Flowing larva erupting” over and over again! All you need to basic household ingredients and kitchen items!
You will need:
- A medium size bowl
- A few plastic bags
- A paper cup or small plastic cup or container
- Orange/red paint or red food colouring
- White vinegar
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Baking tray or plastic plate
- Place your open cup inside the bowl
- Surround the outside of the cup inside the bowl with used plastic bags
- Cover the bowl and cup with foil paper for the “ larva to erupt”
- Pour red/orange paint/ colouring inside the cup with bicarbonate of soda and mix together
- Slowly add white vinegar
- Watch the “larva erupt”. What fun!