- 2 cups sifted plain flour
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tsp. sifted baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 30 g melted butter
- Large spoon
- Large bowl
- Jam and butter (for serving)
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add melted butter.
- Mix ingredients until smooth.
- Grease a frying pan with a little butter.
- Heat the pan on a medium heat.
- Using a large spoon, slowly drop small amounts of the batter onto the heated pan.
- Cook until bubbles break on the surface and golden in colour.
- Turn and repeat.
- Remove pan from the stove.
- Place the crumpets on a serving plate.
Serve warm with butter and jam.